Saturday 28 November 2009

Two things to read

I don't link much to other blogs, but here are two articles I recommend. The first is from Michael Bomford of Energy Farms, comparing the energy use and future self-reliance of Ireland vs. the similarly-sized state of Kentucky. Via Energy Bulletin.

The second is from Sharon Astyk, who distills everything I wanted to say about the anniversary of Sesame Street, and got there first. My daughter and I adore our downloaded clips of old Sesame Street -- with Joe Raposo's songs and Jim Henson's Muppets, they remain simple, wildly creative and thoughtful, instilling knowledge with an easy grace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian - Just found your blog and I love it and applaud your courage in re-locating to get a new life. I'm half Irish (and I have an Irish passport) and have been toying with the idea of giving up the practice of law here in Oregon and move to Ireland. My wife and I can't seem to find the courage. Think I'll keep on reading and see if I can learn anything here.

Brian Kaller said...

Kevin,

I'm glad you're reading -- feel free to e-mail me if you want to talk.